The diamond market is complicated and tricky. Why is that so? Because the large bright sparkling diamond you just bought could be a complete fake!
So what do you do now? We have listed out all the points that you need to go through to only deal with real authorized Lab Grown diamonds.
1. Does Your Stone Pass the Four Cs
- Cut: Cut is one of the most important factors in diamonds because cut gives it the ability to disperse light. Brightness, dispersion, contrast and scintillation of light depends on the cut of the diamond.
- Clarity: Clarity is measured by the flaws in the diamond, called inclusions. Inclusions might appear as tiny spots, clouds, or cavities. FL category diamonds have not inclusions, thus they are flawless.
- Color: Colorlessness is a quality. This quality is graded by letters ranging from D to Z, D for most rare and colorless diamonds.
- Carat: Carat is a measurement for weight and size. The heavier the diamond the costlier it is. There is no ideal size for the diamonds.
Quick Links: The 4’Cs of Diamonds
2. Buying/Trading Without a Certificate
Every lab-grown diamonds should be graded and certified by credible and authorized institutes. IGI (International Gemological Institute) is one such institution. You must always insist on the certification when buying their diamonds.
3. Not Doing Enough Research on Lab Diamonds
One of the biggest mistakes that you could make while buying lab-grown diamonds is not to do enough research beforehand. You should know what exactly you are looking for. Have an exact Idea on the size shape and carat.
Also, you need to know the difference between lab-grown diamonds and synthetic diamonds. Visit: Lab Grown Diamonds and Synthetic Diamonds – Are They Any Different?
4. Not knowing the Origin of your Lab Grown Diamonds
The reason lab-grown diamonds are in demand and made in the first place is to reduce the blood diamonds in the market. It is to make the entire diamond experience cruelty free. As the entire diamond is created from scratch in the lab, no one is harmed in the process.
5. Buying from Unknown Sources
Always check the credentials and history of the lab diamond seller that you’re considering to get your man-made diamonds from. You could be easily cheated, misguided and mislead. A lot of lab-made diamond sellers are choosing to produce and sell lab diamonds on their own. Hence this removes the possibility of a middle man. Purchase from the producer itself to be on the safe side.
6. Look Under The Natural Light
The best thing to do is to look at your diamond in natural sunlight and examine if it is sparkling enough for your choice. The artificial lights should be avoided while checking for quality.
7. Beware of the Rates
The cost of a real lab-grown diamonds is 20-30% less than that of a real diamond and the price moves around in that area. There are a lot of fake diamonds and synthetic diamonds passing off as lab-made diamonds. So when you are getting your stones at really low rates, you are being duped for sure.
To find the largest online B2B marketplace for Lab-Grown Diamonds, CVD Diamonds, Synthetic Diamonds visit https://www.lgdtrade.com/
Read Next Blog: